Thursday, January 3, 2013

Another non-resolution.... perhaps

I haven't quite decided that this is a good idea, but I've been toying with the idea of setting 1 hour a day away on personal business-related development. This would a dedicated time wherein I'm supposed to think about "game-related" and "business-related" issues and work on skills I use in the publishing biz, such as mapping and lay out.

I haven't yet decided to do this, but I'm leaning in that direction. I know I could end up improving my abilities (which would be a good thing), but I'm not sure I have the stomach to work on such nebulous "work."

I put "work" in quotation marks because if you're ever going to be your own boss for any length of time, you quickly learn to distinguish between real work and "work." Work ends up in a product that makes money - "work" is something done that seems like work, but isn't. It's easy to find yourself spending a lot of time "working" and little time working.

No comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP