Friday, January 21, 2011

Snow!

It lightly snowed all day yesterday and much of the night ending up with about 5 inches of accumulation. Just finished shoveling the snow from behind the garage and down the ally. Took about an hour.

I spent most of my growing up years in Texas and when gaming I remember the unrealistic view I had of snow as a hazard (or cold, more appropriately) and how much snow slows one down. Even something as thin as 6 inches slows one down and once you get a foot or more it starts to be like walking on a very sandy beach. More than that (several feet) and it can be a serious obstacle. So today, think about snow in your game and how much a pain the butt the pretty whiteness can be.

3 comments:

Xyanthon said...

It's been hovering around freezing here in ITaly. I wish it would just snow already. I would like to take the kids sledding.

jgbrowning said...

Sledding is fun indeed! Our high today is 16F.

The Happy Whisk said...

No new snow today. Just old snow and sunshine. Happy Weekend.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP