Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tome of Tomes

Yesterday I just thought of a new feature that I could run here at the blog, but it's going to take me several days to work up a backlog. I like to make sure that I have stuff that I can put up here in case I have an emergency or something happens where I can't be creative for several days. Hopefully, this new feature will arrive in a week or so. Until then, have another tome! :)

The Hynde Etyn
Author: Unknown
Race: Unknown
Dimensions: 6x5x0.5
Weight: 0.5 lbs.
Materials: Leather-bound, woodboard, parchment
Rarity: Very Rare
Fields of Study: Humanoids & giantkind
Special Knowledge Categories: Legends & folklore
Value: 50 gp

Composed of a single poem in trochaic tetrameter, The Hynde Etyn is a tragedy told in over 2,000 lines. It details the story of an earl’s daughter caught in the forest by a terrible ettin.  The ettin marries the noble lady seeking to turn her away from justice, light and goodness, but is instead eventually won over by the sweet, yet unbending, nature of the lass. Eventually the ettin accepts the rule of good and law as right and just. He is then executed for his crimes when he and his lady return to her father.

No comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP