Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Frozen Wave Satsuma

Advanced Adventures #17 is called The Frozen Wave Satsuma. It's got Asian overtones and I think it may be the first "oriental adventure" in the whole OSR bunch. Since it seems people liked Peter Mullen's art from yesterday, I'll go ahead and put up his illo of the Satsuma itself as seen from the the back. It's modeled after a Chinese Treasure Ship. These things were huuuuuuugggge. I mean, really, really big. Much bigger than you'd think for medieval wooden ships.

4 comments:

Xyanthon said...

Nice! Pete's work is always top notch.

jgbrowning said...

I really love his style. In this one I like the wave in the foreground. It reminds me of the period waves one sees in traditional Japanese art and, to me, brings a touch of the exotic in an understated way.

And your art's none to shabby either, sir. :)

Trey said...

Wow. Just followed that link. That's a big damn ship.

jgbrowning said...

Yeah, they were big buggers. :)

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP