Thursday, March 14, 2013

I Am *Not* An Artist

So I'm doing art direction for Classified right now and I had the unusual experience of sending a piece of my "art" to to the artist to more quickly convey what I was thinking about.

This is an illustration of a car chase in the Italian or French alps wherein car one is gunning car 2 with twin .50 caliber machineguns.

We'll see what the artist does with the idea - he may run with it or decide on something else equally illustrative to the text. I tend to let my artists do what they hell they want because that's why I'm paying them. They know how to draw. I obviously don't.

But for some reason, sending this to a real artist just keeps cracking me up. I feel strong with the herp-de-derp by doing this... kinda like hanging my"work of art" on the refrigerator... The pew-pews of the sadly misaligned .50... hah!


No comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP