Friday, February 4, 2011

Age Modifiers in 1E

So I'm statting out a dwarven stronghold. I've been doing the numbers based upon the number of rooms I've drawn on my map and then I started thinking about age, because I needed to know what is "young adult" for dwarves. This leads me to the age categories chart and the various modifiers found therein.

I've never used age modifiers as written in the book except for when making old people. I think I will start to use them under all circumstances.

What about you guys? Do you use the modifiers as written (so that a newly started character gets +1 to Str and +1 to Con if they're mature?

4 comments:

Dan of Earth said...

I like to use them, but then I like little extra fiddly bits like that.

Jeffrey Runokivi said...

We would always use them when we played AD&D. I guess it never occurred to us not to.

jgbrowning said...

Seems like I'm the odd man out. :)

Matthew James Stanham said...

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Mostly no, especially nowadays.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP