Friday, April 28, 2017

Rolling HP for Monsters

It's funny, but one of the things I love most about module creation is rolling HP for monsters. I love getting out the dice and seeing what Fate has put against the characters that will go through the module. For unnamed creatures, I don't fudge these rolls at all as that's the spirit of the game.

For named or special creatures, I typically set minimum limits (say dropping all 1's through 3's) depending on how "powerful" they're supposed to be in their respective hierarchy. For "Elite" monsters (Leaders of tribes, etc..) I generally assume maximum hp and subtract a random amount-they're supposed to be the toughest of the tough in a tough world, after all...



No comments:

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP