Thursday, February 14, 2013

On Tradecraft

Like most people, I have only a passing knowledge of spy/covert tradecraft gleaned from countless examples via TV and movies. Knowing that these examples are probably terribly theatrical and not at all realistic, I've started reading up on actual tradecraft so that I'll have a better idea of what to think about when working on Classified adventures. So far I'm about halfway done with one book and I've got another in the mail working it's way towards me right now.

I have to say that there have been several good points that would *not* have crossed my mind when designing scenarios or enemies and I'm enjoying that nice, visceral, thrill one gets when something that's very simple, but very cool, is going to make it into a published product and it's going to make a "Awe, that was cool!" moment in a game.

And hell, I can count this time as work! Sometimes I have the best job in the world.

  © Blogger template The Professional Template II by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP